- Such devices have two stable states thus they are quite like switches:
- This is why I have placed this page in this section even though I am not sure whether or not they can be classified as switches.
- They are bistable or flip-flop.
- This is a special type of switch, when it is activated it cannot be deactivated unless power to it is entirely cut off or if the current flowing through it is reversed..
- They have three pins:
- The Gate.
- The Anode.
- The Cathode.
- In many ways it is simply a bistable version of the transistor the differences being that it does not amplify current.
- It can be used to make a steady hand game circuit like the one below:
- Both circuits have the same function:
- As far as I can tell, the resistors in the second circuit are for the protection of the components.