- Input components or input transducers include things like sensors or switches that can trigger certain functions in electronic circuits.
- Such components include piezoelectric sensors which use the piezoelectric effect to measure strain or pressure.
- Switches are triggered manually to deactivate or activate a circuit or to trigger a certain function in a circuit.
- Sensors measure things like temperature, force, energy and react accordingly by triggering or deactivating certain reactions in circuits.
- Sensors include relays.
- These are things which process signals from input transducers and which co-ordinate the responses of output transducers accordingly.
- Also known as output transducers, they are things that transform electrical energy into other forms of energy such as heat or light or vibrational or kinetic energy, etc.
- Components like these include motors (inefficient like all transducers which convert electrical energy into kinetic energy), speakers, light bulbs or LEDs, etc.
- Solenoids are coils of wire often wrapped around a potentially magnetic core and form the active part of electromagnets and relays. When a current flows through these they create an electromagnetic field and can be used as circuit breakers and switches in car motors.