“Working together to educate the world”
We’re back! Apologies, as one of our previous administrators was not a WordPress specialist, and managed to break the website. However, we’ve re-built our website and made it available for you all once again. Enjoy!
Welcome to Accelerated Study Notes, a website aimed at providing all students with quality iGCSE and IB study notes, as well as other resources. We hope that you will find what you’re looking for, and more, at our site. Operated by a group of over 50 students, with tight quality control and a group of coders working around the clock to maintain and improve the site, we hope to provide the best services possible. Although this site is still in its early years, there is still much room for improvements and extra content which shall be added as soon as possible.
We want to re-design the textbook and use technology to impact the way we obtain knowledge.. This is our long term aim, revolutionize the textbook experience. Make it more personal, more interactive, more fun to use, and most importantly,to make it free.
- Quality – We strive to maintain the quality of our notes. Our contributors are put into groups, where their work will be constantly cross checked by each other. Additionally, each group will have a supervisor (who will have obtained a high grade in that subject), who will monitor quality of the content.
- Serving the students – This site is tailored towards the students. Teachers are free to use the material, but our core value lies in serving the students, people like us.
- Promote teaching – We believe everyone has a passion for teaching – the passion just has to be tapped into – we want to build a global community where anyone can and wants to contribute material and help one another.
- Free – We don’t want to create a software/program which will only benefit the rich. We want to make learning accessible to anyone who wants to learn. We believe anyone should have the access to knowledge. Any software/program we launch in the future will never have a price-tag.
- Making the most productive use of technology – We want to use technology to complement the traditional learning experience. Technology should empower the learning experience.
- Giving back to the community: We want to give back to the community, give everyone a chance to learn.
Who are we?
A member of Kato Media and consisting of a group of around 50 students from Sha Tin College in Hong Kong, we are here to provide you with the best quality notes for subjects varying from Psychology to Physical Education to Spanish and so on. Currently we mainly cover the iGCSE and iB subjects available at our school, but we aim to cover other qualifications for high schools in the coming years, providing detailed notes for students around the world no matter what course they may be taking.
We’re sorry that we’re unable to provide committed assistance to your academic troubles. (We’ve all been there.) However, you can comment on our of one notes and someone else from the team or community might be able to answer your question.
How can you be involved?
We are very supportive of the open learning movement. Therefore, we are looking for people who can help in all ways. Here is how you can help:
- Submit Notes to us: Most of the work on our site so far comes from notes supplied by other users. Sending us notes will allow us to build on subjects more quickly. Preferably, we would like to see notes that follow the syllabus.
- Recommend this site to a friend: Very easy and straightforward. The more people who know about this, the better.
- Help us write study guides: We need people who want to help contribute to the site and who wish to help enhance the quality of our notes for the benefit of students around the globe.
If you are interested in contributing, submitting notes, please send your document, letter of interest, etc. to: [email protected]